Pups Path Pet Training
We believe in a positive approach to dog training. Our clients will experience training for themselves and anyone in the household along with the training for the dog. A dog owner needs to understand the dog and the dog understand the human for a successful relationship so we assist both you and your pet!
Pups Path Pet Training was implemented to bring a new approach to training your pet! Using only positive approach, we will help you to create a wonderful relationship with your pet that will help pave the way for pawsome experiences throughout you and your pet’s path of life.
No two humans nor two pets are identical and may need different approaches! At Pups Path Pet Training, we continually adjust training tactics according to what works best for you and your pet!
Puppy Training (AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy)
(10 weeks – 8 months)
Our Puppy Training Sessions are done in small groups with one-on-one guidance. Puppy Training is an essential foundation for your new pet to be comfortable and cooperative in your daily life. We approach our Puppy Training with a “whole life” approach. This means that we start your journey through your the Path of Life together.
2. Dog Communication
3. Separation Anxiety
4. House Training Instructional Assistance
5. Learning To Chew On Designated Chew Toys & How To Play
6. Intro to Sit and Beginning Recall
7. Intro To Leash Walking
8. Human Touch Association with Love
9. Car Rides
10. Teaching pets that learning new things and tricks are fun
11. Introduction to Basic Commands such as “sit”, “down”, “stay”, “come” and “no”.
6 Sessions: $175
Basic Training for 1 dog (AKC CGC):
(8 months & up)
3. Leave it
7. Leash walking
8. Basic information on daily pet obedience, play, and more
9. Introduction to distractions
4 - 1 hour sessions … $200
6 - 1 hour sessions… $250
4 Sessions…. $125
6 Sessions….. $150
Training Level 2:(AKC Community Canine Good Citizen)
5 Sessions ….. $250
1. Recall training
3. Distraction Training
4. Socialization Training
Training Level 3 (AKC Urban Canine Good Citizen)
- Exit/enter doorway with no pulling in dog-friendly buildings. Exit building to start test, additional Public buildings items are below.
- Walk through a crowd on a busy urban sidewalk.
- People come toward the dog from 1-ft. away
- Tolerate distractions (people wearing hats, coats, men, women, etc).
- Appropriate reaction to city distractions. This includes movement, noises, and walking on a variety of surfaces. Examples:
- Noises: horns, sirens, construction noise, etc.
- Moving objects: skateboard, bike, carts, person running
- Surfaces: concrete, grass, grates, plastic tarp, wet sidewalk
- Crossing street: Stop at corner, stand or sit to wait and cross with no pulling (on leash, with owner). Crosses street under control.
- Ignore food on sidewalk. (Dropped food, or cups, bags, cans, in which food was wrapped).
- Person walks up and pets the dog. May be carrying an item such as a small dog in a bag, a computer bag, etc. Person does not put the bag down to pet the dog.
- Public Building (that is dog friendly). Walks under control in building (slick surface, carpeted floor). Down stay (3 min) in lobby or outdoor area, or waits while owner has a meal or snack.
- Stairs, steps, or elevator under control.
- Steps (at least 3 – up and down)
- Elevator (Enters under control, exits, rides under control)
- Housetrained for apartment, condo, city living. Owner may verify this item. Evaluator may also observe in public buildings, or have observed in training classes.
- Transportation. Owner’s choice depending on transportation needs.
- Car. Enters/exits, remains under control during the ride. (Crate? Seatbelt?)
- Subway. Small dog in bag for ride. (large dogs are not always permitted; know and abide by the Transit Policies in your area).
- Dog friendly (enters/exits or allows to be put in/taken out) under control
Number of sessions needed will be determined by your instructor.
Minimal 4 sessions…. $200.
Additional sessions: $60 per session
PACKAGES: (Please visit Pups Path in person or call 229-977-2472 to register for any of the packages)
Puppy Training & Basic Training
12 Sessions: $400
Training Level 1 & 2 (CGC & CCGC)
12 Sessions $475
Training Level 1 or 2 Combined With Behavior Modification:
10 sessions: $425
(Leash Only Training Dog MUST follow and respond to the following commands: Sit, Down, Stay, Leavie It, No, Come
Personalized Custom Training:
We will create a custom plan of training for you and your pet according to your needs.
4 - 1 Hour Sessions $300
6 - 1 Hour Session $450
Additional Sessions: $45 per hour